Safeguarding the future with modern ships

1930

Shipping bananas on refrigerated freighters has developed into F. Laeisz's primary division. Besides Cameroon, bananas are also being shipped to Europe from Jamaica and Colombia.

1936

Willi Ganssauge enters a partnership with F. Laeisz.

1945

The company loses its entire fleet or is forced to turn over the last tall ship to the Soviet Union, as is the case with sailing ship PADUA.

1952

The first German post-war reefer vessel MS "PROTEUS" is launched, soon to be followed by additional new reefers. By 1972, the FL fleet of reefer vessels had grown to more than 12 units, placing it in the top league of European reefer vessel companies.

1958

Erich F. Laeisz, the last male descendant of the founder, passes away.

1972

The first Panmax bulk carriers with a capacity of 80,000 tdw, MS "PROSERPINA" /MS "PROPONTIS", are launched, as well as the very first full container vessels holding 750 TEU, MS "PLUVIUS" and MS "PLUTOS".

1973

Nikolaus W. Schües enters a partnership with F. Laeisz. The company is now supported by 3 family clans: The heirs of Erich F. Laeisz, being Mrs Christine von Mitzlaff-Laeisz and her husband Wolf-Jürgen von Mitzlaff, Mr Willi Ganssauge and his family and Nikolaus W. Schües.

1974

The Hamburg senate transfers the "Golden Portugaleser" in acknowledgment of the achievements of the shipping company F. Laeisz.

1978

The collapse of the U.S. Dollar poses a threat to many German shipping companies whose freight revenue is dependent on the U.S. Dollar. F. Laeisz decides to take the bull by the horns. The only way the company can assert its position in an increasingly competitive market is by operating the most modern fleet of freighters with the maximum capacity.

Logotype „Onkel Tuca“
Logotype „Onkel Tuca“
Reefer vessel "Puna"
reefer vessel Puna at sea
Panmax-Bulkcarrier "Prosperpina"
Bulkcarrier Prosperpina at sea
Cellular container vessel "Pluvius"
containership Pluvius at sea
"Golden Portugaleser" coin
Goldener Portugaleser